DONATION BUTTON: < PLEASE HELP FUND THIS AWARENESS TOUR FOR OMAR KHADR>
12 – 20 March 2014 – Omar Khadr’s lawyer Dennis Edney QC speaking tour hosted by the London Guantanamo Campaign.
Talks and events
Wednesday 12 March
– Omar Khadr and the Betrayal of International Law: a public meeting with Dennis Edney, chaired by Professor Bill Bowring at Garden Court Chambers, London. Organised by CAMPACC, the Haldane Society of Socialist Lawyers and the London Guantánamo Campaign.
- time: 6.30 -8.30 pm
- place: Garden Court Chambers, 57-60 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A
Thursday 13 March
– Defending Guantánamo’s youngest prisoner: The struggle to free Omar Khadr. Lecture with Dennis Edney at York University Centre for Applied Human Rights.
Friday 14 March
– An audience with Dennis Edney QC, chaired by Dr Douglas Guilfoyle at the UCL Faculty of Laws.
– Where is the Law in War? An Analysis of Omar Khadr’s case. Organised by the Westminster Law Review.
Monday 17 March
– Afternoon lecture with Dennis Edney at Birkbeck College, University of London. Organised by a coalition of student societies.
– Dennis Edney talk on Omar Khadr at the Veterans for Peace UK event.
Tuesday 18 March
– Lecture Dennis Edney at Queen Mary, University of London, organised by the Amnesty society.
- time: 4.30 – 5.30 pm
- place: Queen Mary University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS
– Amnesty International event with Talks from: Dennis Edney, Aaf Post and Andy Worthington about Omar Khadr at the Human Rights Action Centre.
- time: 7.00 – 9.00 pm
- place: Human Rights Action Centre, 25 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EA.
Thursday 20 March
– Q&A with Dennis Edney QC lawyer of Omar Khadr former Guantánamo Bay prison inmate at Amnesty St John’s Wood event