The Free Omar Campaign is a grassroots organization. We will act for justice for Omar Khadr until a remedy is provided for the gross injustice of the last 14 years and until his Guantanamo ‘conviction’ is withdrawn.
Our core activities include:
- Providing a source of reliable information – our website features factual -current and background- information, on all aspects of the case;
- Monitoring the media – we actively encourage accurate and objective coverage of the Omar Khadr case. We call journalists to account who spread falsehoods or fake news;
- Appealing to politics – we remind politicians on their responsibility by letter writing campaigns and visits;
- Organizing events – we organize lectures, film screenings and demonstrations;
- Providing flyers, cards and factsheets – we supply outreach to schools, universities, faith-based and community groups, events, in order to educate the public on facts of the case;
- Fundraising for legal help.